Monday, August 6, 2012

Thymos VI / Derby Hat

I'm starting to trust Thymos more & more, I'm beginning to believe that its there. I guess you could call it religion or faith, I call it believing in something that will save you, hope. I climbed on top of the Elder Tree, stretched its branches down to the ground and then let go, swinging me away letting me fly for a few moments before landing in a pond. There was a man standing at the edge of the pond, what was he doing there? He was just staring at me is all.
I swam towards the edge and pulled myself out of the water.

"Nice day for a swim isn't it?"

"Who are you?"

"Really after all that you've been trough does it really surprise you to see a semi-normal humanoid standing here? Anyway...I guess I should introduce myself, call me Derby Hat"

"Ah, right I remember you. You were one of those people that were trapped in the Mootel"

"I don't think I was necessarily trapped, but yes I was there"

"Alright...I have little time for this I have to find Thymos"

"Thymos?"

"Yes, do you know it?"

"I know what it is & where it is, more I don't know"

"Ah that's alright I'll just be on my...wait a minute you know where it is?"

"Of course I know"

"Can you take me to it?"

"Alright...I'll do this for you, but in return in the future I'll ask you one of these days for a favor and you are by this bound to agree, alright?"

This man seemed fishy, like 90% of the people I've met since this whole thing started, but I had no other choice, this place is huge and I was not going to find Thymos, let alone it's pieces by myself.

"Deal" I said as I shook his hand. As I shook his hand a light came out of our hands. When I let go and looked at my hand there was a symbol on it, it was a big "D". I guess this was to mark our contract.

"Let's not waste any time then, shall we?"


No comments:

Post a Comment